Our Learning Strategists are Academics and Personal Development Coaches with the Teaching Skills, Creativity and Compassion to Help Students Achieve their Potential
I am a Learning Strategist with over 20 years of experience as an educator, university instructor, workshop facilitator, published writer and senior yoga teacher. A life long lover of learning, I have a B.A., B.Sc. and a Masters of Education with a focus on Creativity and Self-Realization, Sustainability and Wellbeing for learners of all ages. I am a senior yoga instructor of 20 years with extensive training, teaching personal development classes and workshops.
As a former university instructor, I understand how students can feel overwhelmed and stressed by their academic demands. They are often challenged with organizing their time and assignments, while managing distractions and anxiety. As a wholistic practitioner, I take into account the mental, emotional, physical and social factors a student is facing in order to customize a comprehensive learning program. My coaching style includes learning tools and a variety of practices that can help any student improve their grades while maintaining balance in their daily life.
Over my 11 year career as an Academic and Learning Strategist, my coaching sessions have helped students who experience learning challenges such as dyslexia, learning disabilities, ADHD and psychiatric disabilities, improve their grades and overall life balance.
After understanding your unique learning style, together we create a program that includes:
- Goal and intention setting
- Time and Energy Management
- Self-regulation & self-confidence
- Interventions for test anxiety and writer’s block
- Effective study strategies
- Exam writing practices
- Creative note taking tools
- Reading and writing strategies
- Creative thinking & brainstorming and more…
My goal is to improve your learning and study skills while also increasing your awareness of the importance of a healthy mindset. My coaching sessions also include:
- Breathing Techniques to Relieve Stress and Build Resilience
- Exercises to Stretch Out and Awaken the Mind
- Relaxation Techniques to calm the Monkey Mind
- Reflection to help clarify your aspirations in school, relationships, work and life.
These powerful and time honoured practices help to make you feel more motivated, empowered and inspired as a student.